This 3-hour class is an introduction and overview of the appliances found in a typical residential kitchen: Refrigerator, range (gas or electric), dishwasher, and garbage disposer. The course will review the mechanical and electrical components, operations, cycles, functions, and general troubleshooting of each of the listed appliances. Typical design and installation principles, and a review of how to read wiring diagrams will be a focus of this class.
Topics covered in this class will include:
• Electrical safety and Lock-out / Tag-out
• Push-in type Range / Oven appliance (gas or electric)
• The built-in Dishwasher – plumbing and installation
• Sink installed garbage disposer – plumbing and replacement
• Operating cycles – all appliances
• Common repairs – all appliances
• Reading a typical wiring diagram
• Preventative maintenance – all appliances
• Troubleshooting – tools / process / techniques
Click on the link to the right to register online through the HD Supply website (walk-in registrations will be accepted if space is available).
To register, go to HD Supply online registration-Appliances