AAGM has once again partnered with HD Supply to provide FREE Maintenance classes to our members!
This 3-hour class is an introduction and overview of operation, maintenance and repair of a typical residential grade water heater tank. The course will present and clarify operation fundamentals of the Natural Gas burner and In-Tank Electrode water heaters, and typical equipment parts layout and design. It will identify major serviceable components and maintenance procedures used to set-up, operate, troubleshoot, repair, and clean a typical residential grade water heater.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- Safety when making repairs
- Introduction to the dynamics of heating water
- Major components of a gas fired tank
- Major components of an electric fired tank
- Thermostat control system and components: Gas
- Thermostat control system and components: Electric
- Trouble-shooting common work order issues and complaints
- Common repairs
- Testing electrical components with a Multi-Meter
- Preventative maintenance
Click on the link to the right to register online through the HD Supply website (walk-in registrations will be accepted if space is available).
To register, go to HD Supply online registration-Water Heater