A/C Refrigerant Service
AAGM has once again partnered with HD Supply to provide FREE Maintenance classes to our members! This 3-hour class is an introduction and overview targeting the maintenance tech with a little experience in maintaining and operating typical residential grade “split-system” AC units. It is intended to present students with the fundamentals of HVAC related tools, equipment, and processes needed to conduct refrigerant service work, and to provide the technical foundation needed to understand the rules and regulations required for achieving a passing score on the EPA 608 certification test. Minimal "hands-on" training provided. Topics covered in this class will include:
• Safety in handling refrigerants
• The “AC-Refrigeration" cycle
• The tools commonly used to service refrigerant in an HVAC system
• Connecting and removing fittings to perform a de-minimus release
• The procedure and equipment used to recover refrigerant
• Troubleshooting a system using refrigerant pressures
• The most common mechanical reasons for low charge
• Using Superheat or Subcool to determine proper charging of a unit.
**Please note: due to EPA restrictions, it is required by law that students hold at least a Type II certification in order to be able to use the information presented in this class on HVAC equipment in the field. Many of the repairs that are discussed in this class can only be performed by a Certified Technician.**
Click on the link to the right to register online through the HD Supply website (walk-in registrations will be accepted if space is available).
To register, go to HD Supply online registration-AC Refrigerant